The blessed state also involves many quarrels. Today's parents are also considering whether they want to preserve their children's cord blood. This should be done on pages 28-30. until the week of pregnancy, it is time to prepare for a contract with the Genetic Bank.
- In Hungary, 250-300 stem cell transplants occur every year, and the surgery is funded by TB in its entirety. So, if someone needs, say, leukemia and a stem cell transplant - if you do not have a germ cell derived from your own, you can get it from a family member - it is also free of charge.
- Stem cell transplantation is part of medical practice, and surgery is almost routinely considered.
- Cell transplantation was first used by Professor Robert A. Good in 1969 in the treatment of a primary immunocompromised child.
- IBS was first used in 1988 for transplantation in France. Since then, it has been increasingly used to replace bone marrow transplantation.
- The first graft-based transplant has seen more than 10,000 cases worldwide. In Hungary, there have also been examples of transplantation of CSF-derived stem cells, for example at the Bone County Transplantation Center of the BAZ County Medical Center.
- Stem cell banks can be divided into two groups: ъn. "family banks" where frozen relatives can be used only by relatives or donor banks. The essential difference between the two is that allogeneic donation (Allogeneic) samples should be tested for HLA (Human Leukocyte Antigen) before transplantation. In the autolog samples, this screening does not have to be done because the donor and the recipient are the same person. It was during HLA typing that was used for bone marrow transplantation that only 30-40% of the cases were HLA-eligible donors. This has led to research into alternative stem cell sources.
- Primarily, cancerous diseases are treated with stem cell therapy, the stage of the disease when the body's own stem cell tract is exhausted due to the chemo / radiotherapy applied. It is important to note that nowadays, not only can stem cells be used for the healing of blood-forming organs, but they can be used in virtually all cancers. Not only cancers of this type can be used in cancerous diseases. In Hungary, there have been many cases of stem cell therapy for autoimmune diseases. Post-infarction treatment with stem cells has recently begun. In Flanders (USA, Austria), few years have been successfully applied to therapy in patients with infarction. They are also used abroad for the treatment of muscular dystrophy.
- An illustration of the differences between the cord blood and bone marrow transplantation:
Kцldцkzsinуrvйr Csontvelх Time to transplant 2.5 hrs 3.5 hours Ineligible donors (%) 0% 25% Collection Complications (%) 0% 6% CMV positive cases (%) 0,4% 42% Graft vs Host risk 12% 23-70%
- The transverse cord should be stored and transported at room temperature (4-25 0C) after the letter. This letter must be provided between the letter and the date of entry into the Institute, and must be sent to the laboratory within 36 hours after birth.
- Stem cells from bone marrow are exactly as old as the donor; on the contrary, the stem cells of the genital cord - because they were stored at birth - are practically zero-year-olds, and they also have the benefits. The gonadal stem cells are characterized by significantly higher life span and better proliferation than similar cells derived from adult bone marrow. The other important difference is that the germ line stem cells are guaranteed to be free from infection, as we carefully examine the mother and the sample taken. Unfortunately, this is not the case with bone marrow stem cells.
- According to the current ACOG directive, physicians should provide accurate and unbiased information about the genetic resources available to those who request it.
- Under current conditions and indications, researchers estimate that the value of stem cell transplantation is 20: 1: 1666, and 70: 1: 217.
- It is worthwhile for stem cell banks to take into account the bank's experience and expertise. In deciding whether the bank is accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks and whether it has a well documented and successful history of successful transplantation.
- More than 10,000 cancer patients have been used in the treatment of multiple life-threatening malignancies and non-cancerous cancers (ie, up to 70,000 patients have diseases (eg hemoglobinopathies, metabolic disorders, immunodeficiency states).
- According to research, the majority of parents do not collect genealogy due to lack of knowledge. In one study, Perlow and his colleagues asked 425 patients how well they knew the "genealogist". 37% of patients stated that they did not know the concept of a seed bank. 71% of patients say that lack of knowledge is one of the main reasons why they did not order the fieldworm collection. 2.6% of those familiar with the concept of collecting cord blood said that they were "extremely proficient", 74% felt that they had "minimal knowledge" 11 up.
- Although neural lineage stem cells can be used in countless ways, lineage derived lineage stem cells provide better results for both patients and patients. In a study by Gluckman and coworkers, patients treated with related lineage stem cells (n = 78) had much better transplantation results than those with unrelated lineages (n = 65).